Pages

Friday, November 24, 2017

GUY FAWKES



Guy Fawkes Day dates back to the failed 1605 attempt by a group of English Catholics among them Guy Fawkes to assassinate King James I of England and blow up the Houses of Parliament. ... Today, Guy Fawkes Day also known as Bonfire Night  is marked across the United Kingdom by celebrations. Wintour introduced Fawkes to Robert Catesby, who planned to assassinate King James I and restore a Catholic monarch to the throne. The plotters leased an undercroft beneath the House of Lords, and Fawkes was placed in charge of the gunpowder they stockpiled there Guy Fawkes also known as Guido Fawkes, the name he adopted while fighting for the Spanish, .... When asked by one of the lords what he was doing in possession of so much gunpowder, Fawkes answered that his intention was "to blow you

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.