Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Final Sport Science Sport


Kia ora readers this week we have been working on our final Sport Science Project, and we need to answer the questions.

HERE ARE MY ANSWERS

What tests did we do? To test our power we did a standing vertical jump, to test muscular endurance we did a plank, for speed we did a timed 30-meter sprint, for flexibility we tried to touch our toes, for agility we did an agility course, for the strength we saw how long we could hang from a bar, for coordination we threw a ball at a wall with one hand and caught it with the other for seconds, for balance we saw how long we could stand on our toes on one foot, for cardiovascular endurance we did the beep test, and for reaction time we had someone else drop a ruler and we then saw how fast we could catch it.

What were you trying to improve? The things I was trying to improve the most were power and coordination. 

How did you improve those skills? To improve these I did squats for power and catching with a partner for coordination.

Did you improve on any skills? I did improve on strength, muscular endurance, flexibility, coordination, reaction time, speed, power, and balance.

Why do you think you improved on those skills? I think that I improved on those skills because I practiced them all during the practices so I could improve.

Which skills do you want to spend more time improving on and how are you going to improve? I would like to improve more on my power and I will do this by doing squats every day to try and improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.